In this new series I want to show how and what you can do with Bitwig. In practical examples and broken down into different approaches.
4 main modern approaches to write a song
Lets get an overview of the course and look on the different approaches to create something like a track in Bitwig.
- Algorithmic Approach
- designing a system instead of a song
- creating songs & structures indirectly
- genres: ambient, chillout, experimental
- Sound Design Approach
- most creativity goes into designing sounds
- Song is mainly a collage of nice sounds
- mixing & mastering plays heavy role
- genres: dubstep, edm, techno, drum & bass
- Musical approach
- main focus is harmony
- melody first, sound design second
- borrowing chords & melodies from old hits
- genres: soundtracks, pop, rock, classic, folk
- Mixture of all 3 above
- The focus can be spread over all 3 methods
How & what to download, first bitwig start & some basic concepts of the DAW
Today it´s about the first steps in Bitwig 3.0. How and what to download, how to setup controller & audio interfaces, tracks, device panel, modulation etc.
❤️ If you like the content you can support me on Patreon or have a look at my music tools or my music releases or just spend a dime directly via paypal. New to Bitwig Studio? Check out 🚀 bitwig.community !