I want to use this post to feature my Generative tutorial playlist. Videos that help you creative Generative or self running Bitwig Grid patches from scratch.
- 0:00 intro
- 0:45 how to open the grid / initial patch
- 2:19 how to play the grid as an instrument
- 2:50 what are pre-chords?
- 3:57 disable pitch pre-chord and modify the incoming pitch signal
- 5:21 using the pitch quantize module to stay in key
- 9:34 ADSR Envelope module and how it works
- 14:24 gate signal pre-chord & modifying gate signals
- 16:04 generating gate signals inside the grid / gates module
- 17:38 generating pitch signals inside the grid / pitches module
- 22:08 using the transpose module to change notes randomly
- 24:04 phase pre chord / phase in module
- 24:27 altering the phase for rhythms / bend module
- 24:53 the phase signal
- 25:36 modulating the bend module
- 26:37 wrapping up
If you havent watched the last video, do it nau! This video takes all this a step further, and shows how you can fake some of the signals used to generate notes and gate signals.
- 0:00 intro
- 0:33 recap from the last video
- 1:44 closer look at the signals / gate phase pitch audio signals
- 9:30 using pitch signals as gate
- 13:40 generating notes with the LFO
- 15:24 limit signals to a range / value scaler
- 18:05 disrupt signals to make them more interesting
- 23:33 phase modules
- 24:23 uni and bi polar signals
- 29:07 wrapping up / what we learned
- 32:31 making generative music is hard
to be continued....
❤️ If you like the content you can support me on Patreon or have a look at my music tools or my music releases or just spend a dime directly via paypal. New to Bitwig Studio? Check out 🚀 bitwig.community !